Radar detectors, also referred to as speed dectors, come in a variety of sizes and installation options. Radar detectors are designed to detect the radar or laser signals used by police and stationary speed traps and provides you with warning (lights or sounds) to monitor your speed.
Because radar detectors come in a variety of models and offer a host of different features and ranges, it is best to consult with a professional before selecting a model. Auto One is sure to have a laser detector to fit your needs and our professional auto specialist will make sure you install the right one for your vehicle or needs.
Auto One stores carry whistler detectors from a manufacturers including Escort, Whistler, Beltronics, Cobra and Valentine Research Inc. Trust our 12-volt installers to get your radar detector installed correctly the first time.
Get a free online estimate.
Which Radar Detector Should You Buy?
There are many things to think about when purchasing a Valentine 1, Beltronics laser detector or Escort Radar Detector:
- How many radar bands to you want to monitor?
- In-dash installed or windshield bracket
- Mobile unit with battery power
- With or without GPS
- Radar, laser or both
- How large a range to monitor
With a wide array of price points and options, choosing which radar detector is best can be daunting. Visit your local Auto One for an unbiased review of the options.
Not all radar detector makes and models are available at all Auto One locations.
Product Spotlight: Escort 9500ix
Considered by some to be the most accurate detector ever, the Escort 9500ix has many impressive features.
- Uses a database of speed traps and alerts you to suddenly speed limit changes
- Connect to your Internet enabled PC to update the speed trap database
- Radar and laser protection
- Comes in four different color styles
- Learns, identifies and eliminates false alerts automatically
- Uses GPS to vary X and K-band sensitivity based on your vehicle's speed
- Pre-set and ready to go but easy to modify
- Unique voice alerts
Are Radar Detectors Illegal?
The answer to the question "Are radar detectors legal" depends on the state you live in, what type of car or truck you are driving, and where you are driving it to.
In many cases, the answer is "yes, radar detectors are legal", but Auto One encourages you to confirm with you local and state authorities before purchasing and installing any type of laser detector.