Auto Glass Repair
Auto glass repair may be a cost-effective alternative to replacing the entire windshield. According to insurance company statistics, up to 30% of damaged windshields can be successfully repaired. In some cases, the blemish may not be completely removed.
Auto One offers expert auto glass repair service in one of our Michigan or Indiana shops. Some locations also offer certified mobile technicians. You can either drive to the nearest location, or we can come right to your work or home. There's no hassle, and we will handle all insurance paperwork.
How We Repair Chips in Your Auto Glass
Your Windshield may be repairable if the crack or break can be hidden by a U.S. dollar bill.
A certified technician removes any fine glass dust from the chip and uses a special machine to extract the air from the chip cavity. The chip cavity is then filled with clear acrylic resin and cured with a UV lamp - all in about 30 minutes. The resin is stronger than the windshield itself and is approved by the Department of Transportation, ensuring your complete safety.
6 Facts About Auto Glass Chip Repair
- The fixed area is stronger than the original glass
- Glass Chip Repair is a permanent fix
- Chip damage may not completely disappear, but repair will restore the structural integrity of your windshield.
- It prevents chips from further cracking
- If chip cracks further requiring windshield replacement, the repair fee, if any, will be deducted from the replacement cost.
- May not pass lease turn-in inspection.